SDA protects the privacy of its members and visitors at all times. Our goal is to maintain the trust of our members. In that effort, SDA ensures users that:
- The Surface Design Association (SDA) will never sell a member’s email address or personal information to anyone at any time. For postal mailings only, SDA may periodically rent its postal mailing list to a highly selective, short list of companies that exist solely within the fiber field, with all inquiries evaluated individually on a case-by-case basis and for one-time use only.
- No information about visitors to this site will be sold or released to anyone without prior consent of the visitor, or without a court order.
- Members who request information about other SDA members must complete a contact form (Link to form) to request information. This information will be forwarded to the member who is responsible for responding to the request.
- SDA allows users to opt out of receiving future website communication.
- SDA collects the following types of non-personal information about users who visit our website: IP address (a unique number assigned to every computer on the Internet), domain type (i.e., .com, .net, or .edu), and standard information included with every communication sent on the Internet.
Get your daily fiber fix below.
Send your textile arts news to:
SDAbuzz [at] surfacedesign [dot] org
Ann Morton's 'Ground Cover' On Roosevelt Row
Art & Transformation: Weaving a story of rebirth & re-use at re:loom.
Re:loom, a non-profit organization in Atlanta, teaches weaving to at-risk / homeless individuals, proving art & craft can be transformative.
17 Great Textile Books to Give & Get
Wrap your mind - and some wrapping paper - around this remarkable range of recently-published books about making with textile media. All are available via Amazon.com link which gives back to SDA at no cost to you.
Your Essential Guide to the 2013 Miami Art Fairs
It's that time of year when the art world industry convenes for their annual pilgrimage to Miami for art, parties & gossip (December 1–8).
The Rebirth Of The North Carolina Textile Industry
For decades, the textile industry was an essential part of North Carolina’ economy. But the industry took a huge hit in the early 2000s....
How To Gift a Membership | surfacedesign.org
Art Makes You Smart
Students...demonstrated stronger critical thinking skills, displayed higher levels of social tolerance, exhibited greater historical empathy and developed a taste for art museums & cultural institutions.
Gallery Hop: Tracking 'Transient'
Cool Hunting Video: H E I D I L E E
Lee, who constructs wild hats to match her equally zany personality, works out of a small studio and has a range of headwear that straddles the line of high fashion and experimental, mad scientist.
Call for Art – A Juried Exhibition
TSA is please to announce that 2014 symposium will feature our 1st juried exhibition, hosted by Los Angeles’ Craft & Folk Art Museum (CAFAM).
Mends clothes & builds community -- just by giving a darn
Michael Swaine fixes clothes for free on San Francisco streets. But he envisions going beyond fighting throwaway culture...
Etsy’s Industrial Revolution
Almost nothing has been truly handmade for thousands of years.
CODA: Tapestry Art Today
Winning Works: “Fabricate” SDA 2013 Fashion Show
Award Jurors Judy Bales & John Marshall get real about the challenge of judging fashion shows as well as the rationale behind their winning choices. View winning work + comments by awardees & sage advice from judges.