Surface Design Journal: A Window into the World of Contemporary Fiber Art for 40 Years
About the Journal
Surface Design Journal is a quarterly print publication that brings the world of contemporary fiber arts to your fingertips. International in scope, articles focus on contemporary textile and fiber-based art and design through a breathtaking array of concepts, applications, processes, and materials. The Journal delves deeply into the latest trends, expands existing knowledge about technique or applications and inspires readers in the studio and beyond.
Available in print and digital editions, the Surface Design Journal is included with every membership to the Surface Design Association. Join now!
Each issue of the Journal brings you:
- Textile art and design current trends
- In-depth profiles of established and emerging artists
- Interviews with makers, curators, and collectors
- What’s on display and exhibition reviews
- Recent work by SDA members in the Exposure feature
- Textile Arts education spotlights
- What’s new in print
Master Table of Contents
Check out the Master Table of Contents from every digital edition (2012 to present) to search for a topic, artist, technique or material.
Read Digital Editions
The digital version of the Journal features bonus videos, links, and digital exhibition catalogues unavailable in the print edition.
- Read blog articles previewing each journal or join Surface Design Association to get access to the full journal (digital-only memberships are available)
- Purchase individual print issues
Need more help? Do you have a burning idea? Did you love (or not love) an article? Would you like to be considered as an Exposure artist or for the Spotlight on Education sections? We welcome your feedback! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org