Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SDA. Our committees are a great way to meet other SDA members across the country. All meetings take place via video conference on laptop or telephone, at a time convenient to all committee members. The workload on standard committees is very manageable.
SDA standing committees include:
Other committees, like Conference + Programming and Nominating, operate when needed. If you are interested in joining a committee, complete the form below.
SDA Board + Executive Board*
- Provides leadership to SDA
- Board members serve three years and also serve on at least one committee
- Meets monthly via teleconference
*Executive Board includes, President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Executive Director
Skill sets especially useful include: fundraising, membership, leadership, collaboration and networking. We seek candidates from diverse communities, international members and emerging artists. For more information, please contact SDA President.
- Provides opportunities, resources, and community to students and educators
- Oversees Outstanding Student and Creative Promise Awards, and the Educator Grant
- Organizes programming for students and educators
- Assists in the review of SDA policies, procedures and programs
- Organizes opportunities for critical dialogue and engagement rooted inclusive initiatives
- Helps build an organizational culture that works toward a deeper understanding of equity and inclusion
- Develops strategic online programming and events for members and general public, including Textile Talks, Artist Groups, Leadership Circle events, SDA all-member and regional group events
- Coordinates marketing and logistics for online programming events
- Helps identify partnerships and sponsors for online programming events
- Assists with SDA Annual Juried Member Exhibitions, SDA Juried Student Exhibitions, and SDA Small Works all-member Exhibition
- Assists with posting calls for entry and news releases
- Reviews SDA’s finances monthly
- Provides guidance on fiscal strategies and procedures
- Guides annual fundraising and development strategies including Annual Appeal and Grants
- Meets monthly
- Stewards membership and regional groups
- Develops new initiatives for membership
- Organizes SDA online exhibitions
- Stewards event subcommittee
- Reviews and selects awards and grants including Personal Development, Small Event, Community Support Fund, and Award of Excellence.
- Help identify candidates for SDA Board and future leadership positions
- Meets as needed for 3 months annually
- Oversees content changes and enhancements to the website.
- Meets monthly and via email