Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SDA. Our committees are a great way to meet other SDA members across the country. All meetings take place via video conference on laptop or telephone, at a time convenient to all committee members. The workload on standard committees is very manageable.
SDA standing committees include:
Other committees, like Conference + Programming and Nominating, operate when needed. If you are interested in joining a committee, complete the form below.
SDA Board + Executive Board*
- Provides leadership to SDA
- Board members serve three years and also serve on at least one committee
- Meets monthly via teleconference
*Executive Board includes, President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Executive Director
Skill sets especially useful include: fundraising, membership, leadership, collaboration and networking. We seek candidates from diverse communities, international members and emerging artists. For more information, please contact SDA President.
- Helps with programming and operational details for our biennial conferences
- Meets monthly until conference planning concludes
- Provides on-site support during the conference
- Works on issues relating to students and higher education
- Oversees annual Future Tense student exhibition and Outstanding Student Awards
- Helps with student programming for annual conference
- Assists with SDA Annual Juried Member Exhibitions, SDA Quarterly Online Exhibitions, SDA Small Works all-member Exhibition
- Assists with posting calls for entry and news releases
- Guides annual fundraising and development strategies including Annual Appeal and Grants
- Meets monthly
- Stewards Membership and regional groups
- Reaches out to regional and international members
- Brainstorms new membership initiatives
- Helps with regional newsletters. Meets monthly.
- Reviews SDA’s finances monthly
- Provides guidance on fiscal strategies and procedures
Grants & Awards Committee
- Reviews and selects awards and grants including Personal Development, Creative Promise, Socially Engaged Practices, Small Event and SDA Award of Excellence.
- Help identify candidates for SDA Board and future leadership positions
- Meets as needed for 3 months annually
- Oversees content changes and enhancements to the website.
- Meets monthly and via email
Have an idea of your own? Let us know! Use Contact Form below