Apply to 10 X 20 SDA Member Presentation
SDA Members have a special opportunity to present their work at Beyond the Surface, the 2019 SDA Biennial Conference in St. Louis, Missouri, October 3-6, 2019. Up to 10 conference attendees will be selected to give a “PechaKucha-style” presentation. PechaKucha (“chit chat” in Japanese) is a format for concise presentations originating in Tokyo and adopted all over the world. Up to 10 selected SDA members will present 10 images, 20 seconds each, speaking while the visuals advance automatically. Selected members have a chance to present to an international audience and jumpstart their opportunities for networking within the organization. This presentation style was a favorite at the 2017 Making Our Mark, 40th Anniversary Biennial Intensive at Portland State University.
Read more below then use the form at the bottom of this page to apply.
How are you pushing boundaries and extending your craft? Tell us your story.
- Registration and attendance, Beyond the Surface, SDA Biennial Conference St. Louis, Missouri October 3 – 6, 2019
- Membership in SDA
- Conference registration
- Presentation title and a one paragraph synopsis
- Three images
- Short bio
Fee: No cost to apply
Application deadline: September 10, 2019
Location: Beyond the Surface, SDA Biennial Conference, October 3 – 6, 2019, St. Louis Artists’ Guild, St. Louis, Missouri
Presentation Date: Thursday evening, October 3, 2019
Selection of presenters will be based on:
- Strength of story
- Quality of images
- Diversity of stories/media/geography of presenter
Tips for preparing a strong PechaKucha-style presentation:
- Passion for your topic
- Tell your story
- Practice speaking over timed slides
- Think of images as illustrations to your story
- September 10, 2019: Deadline for entries
- September 15, 2019: Notice to participating presenters
- September 25, 2019: Digital presentation files due
- October 3, 2019: Presentation: Thursday evening, St. Louis Artists’ Guild
If your submission is accepted, you will receive instructions on how to submit your final presentation by September 25, 2019.