Mandatory Color : Juried Member Exhibition
Surface Design Association International Juried Members Exhibition examines the use of color as a response to world-wide social distancing and quarantine. Art works in the exhibition will express a broad range of color reflecting the artists’ experiences, ranging from extreme to subtle contrast and shifts in value and intensity. The unpredictable color varieties will exhibit emotional responses to a fluctuating and challenging moment in time.
October 3, 2020 – December 6, 2020
Museum of Texas Tech University
3301 4th Street
Lubbock, TX 79415
Amie Adelman, Professor in the College of Visual Arts and Design at the University of North Texas in Denton.
Entry Procedures and Fees
This exhibition is open to all SDA members. Up to two artworks may be submitted per artist for a fee of $40 for regular members and $20 for student members. 2D, 3D, and video works are eligible. Work must have been completed since January 2018. Work executed under classroom/educational guidance or supervision is not eligible.
- First Place – $500
- Second place – $300
- Third place – $150
- Honorable Mention
- SDA Award of Excellence
- April 15, 2020 – Entries submitted through CaFÉ
- July 15, 2020 – Entry deadline
- August 14, 2020 – Notification of acceptance
- September 15, 2020 – Selected artwork due at Museum of Texas Tech University
- October 3, 2020 – Exhibitions opens
- October TBA – Opening reception
- December 6, 2020 – Exhibition closes
- December 20, 2020 – Shipped artwork is returned
Email us at: email@example.com